Dear AAMA colleagues and friends
Please see below the latest updates for the past 2 weeks:
- Our Music and Medicine event was a huge success. It was live-streamed this past Thursday. We had over 230 registrants and close to 150 active / live participants. A big thank you to the group led by Armineh Mirzabegian, and including Katrina Menzigian, Alexa Diranian, and Ara Arakelian (artistic adviser). The program will soon be available on our website for 30 days for viewing for those who missed the live presentation.
- Our two HBO machines are in Armenia. Still working on the processing through customs. Once cleared, they will be transferred to Mikaelyan Institute (Yerevan) and the Republican Hospital (Artsakh). More details to come.
- Our Partners for World Health project is slowly moving forward. The AAMA will be paying a little over $21,000 to get a 40Ft container full of medical supplies that will be shipped to Armenia and delivered to two different hospitals in need. We are at the final stages of getting the logistics part organized before the container gets shipped.
- Lilit Gharibyan has completed a very successful fundraising for the laser project. She received pledges of $200,000 of which the AAMA will contribute $20,000. Once the laser is acquired, it will be shipped to Armenia and housed in the Zinvori Doun (Soldiers’ Home) institution where it will be available to help treat the wounds and scars of all the wounded Armenian soldiers, free of charge.
- The AAMA donated $1,000 to ACEC for all its unconditional support over the past few years in hosting our blood drives. Our next blood drive is on April 30, 2022.
- Please visit our website at www.aamaboston.org and enjoy all the upgrades, new features and past events that we have incorporated; for our members, you can also pay your dues there electronically. We are also on FB, Instagram, and Twitter.
- We are still working on the AAMA survey results. We will have something to report back to you all soon.
- The AAMA is teaming up with others in the diaspora to sponsor and support a rehab and physical therapy conference to be held in Armenia this summer July 17-18 (see attached PDF). More details to follow on this.
- We received some photos from Artsakh regarding the C-Arm, portable X-rays and other medical supplies we had shipped during the war. Thanks to all our generous donors, the machines are now being put to good use (See photos).
- The AAMA participated in a full day conference yesterday June 5 sponsored by United Armenian Inter-Org (United-AIO): Building Armenia Together: Wiser & Stronger. The keynote speaker was Noubar Afeyan. There were over 250 participants from all over the United States. I was one of 5 panelists in the health care section of the conference and showcased the work AAMA has accomplished over the past year to date. I then offered insight as to how our association seeks to move forward as we address the challenges of health care in Armenia.
- The medical student consortium team will be meeting again soon to develop strategies on collaboration of medical student and postgraduate training and education both in Armenia and New England as well as developing a journal club and case presentation zoom webinars for medical students and residents from Armenia to benefit from.
- We continue to explore ideas of supporting a Tufenkian led project in 5 villages in Artsakh to establish a mobile clinic including staff and medical equipment.
- As a reminder, if anyone is interested in being more actively involved with any of the AAMA activities above, or should you have an idea / project you would like to undertake, please reach out to me and we will get you more involved and support you as best we can.
The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at http://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.