Please see below the latest updates on the AAMA activities for the past two weeks:
- No updates on the HBO project. We are currently exploring the options of purchasing liquid oxygen tanks (Dewars) from different sources to supply the machines with therapeutic oxygen.
- The AAMA is working with the Tufenkian Foundation, Carolann Najarian, and Anush Sahakian (who is consulting for the Artsakh MOH) to establish a program of primary health care (and training the locals) in Martuni, Artsakh. Nick Akgulian, MD (from the US) will be leading the mission and will likely be assisted by a physician from Armenia.
- Anush Sahakian, from the AAMA, and Aram Adourian, from the Armenian biotech group, will be giving a COVID vaccine zoom webinar that is geared to teachers and educators in Armenia (Date and time forthcoming).
- AAMA has donated 5K to the ICPD (International Center for Professional Development) led by Rafi Avetisian, MD. This center’s task is to promote, develop, and administer high standard and evidence-based conferences and educational programs for Armenian physicians and health care workers.
- The Face of Angel laser project for our wounded Armenian soldiers that the AAMA is supporting in part with a $20,000 grant is moving forward with a big announcement expected soon!
- The deadline for the AAMA scholarship applications has been extended till 11/15/2021. All medical students and allied health students are encouraged to apply. Please visit our website for more details: https://aamaboston.org/scholarship/
- The AAMA will soon be announcing a small grant program for individuals or non-profits interested in doing health-care related projects in Armenia or Artsakh to apply to.
- The virtual AMIC world congress will take place on November 6 and 7. The AAMA is one of the sponsors of the event and we will be given a 10 minute on Sunday November 7 (time to be determined) to highlight our association and the work we do. Please see the link below for more information: http://amicnow.org/index.php
- We are planning an Armenian Christmas party (brunch or dinner) in collaboration with the Armenian Pharmacy Association the weekend of January 6/7 (More details forthcoming)
- Armineh Mirzabegian is leading a virtual educational interactive session with physicians in Armenia as part of the FAR CME program in December. The topic to be addressed will be “Cardiovascular Risk Assessment and Primary Prevention Strategies”. Through case presentations, the presenters will review screening strategies and primary prevention, through lifestyle change and treatment with emphasis on patient education and patient engagement. All members interested in participating are encouraged to reach out to Armineh.
- The AAMA is exploring potential collaborations with COAF and Lorky Libaridian. Two areas of common interest include: (a) possibilities of sending US med students and residents to the COAF-run health clinics and medical centers for 3-4 weeks elective rotations; (b) AAMA and other diaspora specialty and subspecialty support for the COAF primary care providers by telehealth.
- Please visit our website at www.aamaboston.org and enjoy all the upgrades and new features that we have incorporated. For new or current members, we ask that you pay your dues through the website electronically ($150 for licensed practitioners, $75 for residents and fellows, free for all students). This will give you access to other clinicians, volunteer opportunities, discounts on events, and other. Remember that the AAMA is a non-profit organization. All your donations, including payment of your dues, are tax-deductible. Most of your paid dues go to fund medical student and allied health student scholarships. We are also on FB, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Another important reminder that we (the AAMA) are registered with the Amazon Smile program. Every time you purchase an item from Amazon, provided you choose AAMA as your non-profit from the Amazon Smile website, a certain percentage of your purchase gets donated to AAMA. We now have over 218 members / friends on this mailing list. The dollars add up. Please consider making use of this program while shopping on Amazon.
- If any of you are interested in being more actively involved with any of the AAMA activities above, or should you have an idea / project you would like to undertake or a donation to make, please reach out to me and we will get you more involved and support you as best we can.
The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at http://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.
Please note that this e-mail is not secure (encrypted). If you do not wish to continue communication over unencrypted e-mail, please notify the sender of this message immediately. Continuing to send or respond to e-mail after receiving this message means you understand and accept this risk and wish to continue to communicate over unencrypted e-mail.