Dear colleagues and friends
Find below our AAMA March newsletter:
- It is now official. The AAMA has released its announcement regarding the availability of 2 grants; one for $10,000 and the second for $5,000. Completed applications are due May 31, 2022. All details and application forms can be found on our website at: https://aamaboston.org/aama-armenia-and-artsakh-healthcare-support-initiative/
The goal of the grants should align with the following:
- To promote disease prevention strategies and healthy behavior
- To improve the status of health care and its delivery
- To establish health programs in places where there are none
- To develop evidence-based health care educational and/or training programs
- The AAMA Happy Hour will take place on Friday, March 18, 2022 at 6:30pm.
Location: Mex Restaurant; 500 Technology Square; Cambridge, MA 02139.
The restaurant is accessible by public transit. There is street or garage parking nearby. See attached flyer for more details. Please join us and bring your loved ones with you to socialize, network, and learn about mentorship opportunities. Cash bar and food will be available for purchase; otherwise there will be no fee to attend. For AAMA members, there will be an opportunity to pay your annual dues, if you have not already done so (check / cash / Venmo all accepted)
- The AAMA will be leading a 3-hour virtual seminar on June 4, from 9am till 12pm. The topic of presentation will be: Pathways to Success: A Celebration of Women in Healthcare. We anticipate to host 6 highly achieved academicians, scientists, and leaders in health care to highlight their current medical/scientific professional activities and achievements, including key factors influencing personal and professional growth. More details to follow.
- Gail Guzelian, MD has joined the AAMA board. Welcome!
- The AAMA-sponsored health fair is happening in early May. This will be a collaboration with Mount Auburn Hospital, Lahey, and the town of Watertown and will take place at ACEC. More details to follow soon.
- The AAMA in collaboration with the Wisconsin Armenian physicians continue to support Dynamed (clinical educational tool for clinicians) at the Armenian National Medical Library. Over the past year, there were a total of 1,504 search clicks with a total of 1,102 full-text requests. This coming year’s renewal of Dynamed is $4,100. All those interested in sponsoring this vital educational tool for our colleagues in Armenia are encouraged to contribute to the AAMA. As usual, your donations will be tax-deductible.
- We are working on reviving the US-based Armenian medical student elective rotations in Armenia. In collaboration with Dick Babayan from the BU, we are currently identifying different individual physicians and hospitals including Mikaelyan and NIH to possibly host our students and organize those rotations. Interested med students are encouraged to reach out to me or the AAMA for more details.
- Visit our website at www.aamaboston.org
- Pay your dues through the website electronically ($150 for licensed practitioners, $75 for residents and fellows, free for all students) or at the happy hour next week. AAMA is a non-profit organization. All your donations, including payment of your dues, are tax-deductible.
- If you shop on Amazon, the AAMA is registered with the Amazon Smile program. Choose AAMA as your non-profit organization and a certain percentage of your purchase gets donated to us.
The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at https://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/complianceline .
Please note that this e-mail is not secure (encrypted). If you do not wish to continue communication over unencrypted e-mail, please notify the sender of this message immediately. Continuing to send or respond to e-mail after receiving this message means you understand and accept this risk and wish to continue to communicate over unencrypted e-mail.